Dr. Barry Franklin from the William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, and Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine in Rochester, MI moderated the topic "Acute Cardiac Events and the Preventive Role of Regular Exercise" with Drs. Carl Lavie from John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute, New Orleans, LA, and Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, and Murray Mittleman from the Cardiovascular Epidemiology Research Unit, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard School of Medicine, Boston, MA.
The discussion focused primarily on:
- 1) Physical triggers for cardiovascular events;
- 2) preventive strategies;
- 3) the importance of exercise in reducing cardiovascular risk; and
- 4) other triggers for cardiovascular events.
- (Med Roundtable Gen Med Ed. 2012;1(1):17–27.) ©2012 FoxP2 Media, LLC