Dr. John Elefteriades from the Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT moderated the topic "Aneurysms for Internists" with Drs. Dianna Milewicz from the University of Texas, Houston TX, Richard Gusberg from the Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, and Emily Farkas from St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO.
The discussion focused primarily on:
1) The cause of aneurysms
2) genetic and environmental risk factors
3) genetic mutations that cause aneurysms
5) dissections versus aneurysms
6) abdominal aortic aneurysms
7) aneurysms and enlargement
8) imaging and the use of computed tomography and ultrasound
9) medical therapies that forestall aneurysm growth or prevent complications
10) clinical trials
11) endovascular therapy and open surgical therapy for aneurysms.
Med Roundtable Gen Med Ed. 2012;1(2):112–120.