Dr. Stuart Mushlin from Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA moderated the topic "Celiac Disease and Gluten Free: What's Real and What's Myth?" with Dr. Daniel Leffler and Melinda Dennis from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA.
The discussion focused primarily on:
- Signs and symptoms of celiac disease;
- prevalence and potential causes of celiac disease;
- similarities and differences between true celiac disease and gluten sensitivity;
- methodologies for diagnosing celiac disease;
- the gluten-free diet;
- resources, education, and support systems for people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity; and
- the association between celiac disease and other medical conditions.
Med Roundtable Gen Med Ed. 2014;1(4):312–322.