Dr. Mario Garcia from the Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY moderated the topic "A Comparison of Echocardiography, Nuclear Stress Testing, and CT Scanning" with Drs. Daniel Berman from Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, and Mark Travin from the Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) The diagnostic tests available for testing patients with coronary artery disease;
(2) what type of patient should be tested;
(3) when should testing be done;
(4) cost effective testing options;
(5) the influence of published literature on current testing practices;