Dr. Philip Liebson from the Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL moderated the topic "Coronary Stents: When Is Enough Enough?" with Drs. Jeffrey Snell and Steve Attanasio, also from the Rush University Medical Center.
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) The strengths and limitations of coronary stents
(2) how many stents are needed before surgery is considered
(3) considerations for bypass surgery
(4) the determination of flow reserve in the catheterization lab
(5) left main stenting
(6) guidelines for stenting
(7) criteria for bare-metal versus drug-eluting stents
(8) limitations for stenting
(9) the future of stenting.
(Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(3):152–156) ©2012 FoxP2