Dr. Henry Black from the New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY moderates the topic "A Critique of the New British Hypertension Recommendations" with Drs. Jan Basile and Daniel Lackland from the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, and Dr. Marvin Moser from the Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT.
- The discussion focused primarily on:
- (1) The newly released NICE guidelines for hypertension;
- (2) JNC 7 guidelines;
- (3) the diagnosis and management of hypertension;
- (4) pharmacotherapy for hypertension and evidence from clinical trials; and
- (5) expectations from JNC 8.
- (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(2):75-84) ©2012 FoxP2 Media, LLC