Dr. Ernst R. Schwarz from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center moderated the topic "Erectile Dysfunction in Heart Failure Patients" with Drs. Robert Kloner from the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California and Anita Phan from the Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center participating.
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) whether erectile dysfunction (ED) is caused by underlying disease or an early marker of cardiovascular disease;
(2) optimal medical management of heart failure to reduce morbidity and mortality, with consideration of quality-of-life issues, including ED;
(3) current ED therapy, including medications, devices, and surgery;
(4) sexual dysfunction in women;
(5) barriers to addressing sexual function in patients; and