Dr. Javier Sanz from Mount Sinai Hospital in New York moderated the topic "Evolving Diagnostic and Prognostic Imaging (MR, CT) of the Various Cardiomyopathies: Myocarditis, Dilated, Infiltrative (Amyloid, Sarcoid), Hypertrophic, Noncompaction" with Drs. Jeroen Bax from the Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands and Raymond Kwong from Brigham and Women's Hospital participating.
- The discussion focused primarily on:
- (1) the advances in diagnostic and prognostic modalities in myocardial disease. These included magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, ultrasonography, and nuclear techniques;
- (2)how these modalities go beyond measurement of function, wall thickness, and chamber size, and characterize other abnormalities, such as scarring, edema, infiltration, and even myocardial innervation; and
- (3) the future of these novel imaging approaches in the clinical management of patients. (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed.
- (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2011;2(4):216-223) ©2011 FoxP2 Media, LLC