Dr. Michael Borger from the Department of Cardiac Surgery, Leipzig Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany moderated the topic "Future of Percutaneous Devices for Mitral Regurgitation: Edge-to-Edge: Coronary Sinus Devices? Percutaneous Remodeling or Mitral Valve Repair?" with Drs. Volkmar Falk from Universitatsspital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland, and Francesco Maisano from the Department of Cardiac Surgery, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy.
- The discussion focused primarily on:
- (1) The role of percutaneous methods of mitral valve repair;
- (2) the role of combined procedures;
- (3) percutaneous devices;
- (4) clinical trials for leaflet based approaches to MR;
- (5) Surgical Alfieri solution for MR; and
- (6) remodeling surgery for reshaping the left entricle.
- (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(2):117-122) ©2012 FoxP2 Media, LLC