Drs. Barry Greenberg from the University of California - San Diego, San Diego, CA and Joshua Hare from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL discussed the topic "Gene Therapy in Heart Failure."
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) Shifting paradigms for heart failure therapeutics- hemodynamic to neurohormonal
(2) cell regenerative therapy and gene therapy for heart failure
(3) cell therapy versus drug therapy
(4) the use of gene transfer therapy
(5) neurohormonal activation and effective translational research.
(Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(3):183–188) ©2012 FoxP2Media, LLC