Dr. Marvin Moser from Yale University School of Medicine moderated the topic "GPP2: Good Publication Practices for Sponsored Medical Research: Elevating the Integrity of Scientific Communications" with Bryce McMurray from Wolters Kluwer, Carol Sanes-Miller, MS, CMPP, from AstraZeneca, LP, and Yvonne Yarker, PhD, CMPP from Scientific Connexions, and Treasurer of ISMPP participating.
The discussion focused primarily on:
- organized efforts to elevate the perception of collaborative medical publishing of industry sponsored research,
- transparency of authorship of medical journal articles, ghost writing and scientific writing assistance,
- duplicate publication of clinical trial results,
- integrity of journal articles sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry,
- omission of relevant data which might indicate bias, and
- appropriate disclosure of conflicts of interest.
(Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2010;1(1):120-127) ©2010 FoxP2 Media, LLC