Dr. Christopher Pastore from Tampa Cardiac Specialists moderated the topic "Health Reforms in an Era of Uncertainty" with Dr. Jeffrey Rice from Healthcare Blue Book, and Alice G. Gosfield from Alice G. Gosfield and Associates, P.C., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The discussion focused primarily on:
- Changes in Medicare and Medicaid with the passage of the Affordable Care Act;
- the lack of transparency in pricing for healthcare services and the reasons for it;
- the emerging role of accountable care organizations;
- changes in the employment of physicians;
- the alignment of independent and small group practices with larger organizations and the resulting types of structures; and
- the steps that independent practices must take to survive in the new healthcare environment.
(Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2014;3(4):271–277)
©2014 FoxP2 Media, LLC