Dr. Ezra A. Amsterdam from the University of California—Davis moderated the topic "Management of Stable Angina Pectoris" with Drs. William Boden from the University of Buffalo Schools of Medicine and Public Health and Deepak Bhatt from the Harvard Medical School.
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) the diagnosis of angina in men versus women;
(2) the key factors that influence the diagnosis of angina;
(3) heart disease in women and atypical symptoms;
(4) the use of appropriate tests for diagnosis including stress tests and imaging;
(5) the purposes and goals of treatment;
(6) the use of optimal medical treatment and myocardial revascularization; and