Dr. Saibal Kar from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA moderated the topic "Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair: A Status Report" with Drs. Brian Whisenant from Intermountain Heart Institute, Salt Lake City, UT, Samir Kapadia from the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, and Scott Lim from the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
- The discussion focused primarily on:
- (1) Options in mitral valve repair;
- (2) registriessuch as EVEREST and REALISM;
- (3) defining the standard of care; and
- (4) the use of the MitraClip.
- (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(2):110-116) ©2012 FoxP2 Media, LLC