Dr. Jeffrey Borer from SUNY Downstate Medical Center, New York, NY moderated the topic "The Role of Heart Rate Modulation for Care of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease and Heart Failure" with Drs. Kim Fox from Royal Brompton Hospital, London, England, and Jean-Claude Tardif from the Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec.
The discussion focused primarily on:
- (1) effects of heart rate in coronary artery disease and heart failure,
- (2) insights regarding the CASS registry,
- (3) modalities used for heart rate modulation, including F channel blocker ivabradine, and
- (4) results of clinical trial studies with ivabradine and atenolol in angina and heart failure.
- (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2011;2(1):23-29) ©2011 FoxP2 Media, LLC