Dr. William Roberts from the Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX moderated the topic "Ten Things All Physicians Should Know about Cardiovascular Disease" with Drs. Joseph Alpert from the University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, and L. David Hillis from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX.
The discussion focused primarily on
1) Important facts for general internists
2) cardiovascular facts for non-cardiologists
3) misconceptions on bypass surgery and percutaneous coronary interventions
4) what causes atherosclerosis
5) cholesterol and atherosclerosis
6) requisites for healthy living.
Med Roundtable Gen Med Ed. 2012;1(2):145–151.