Vivek Reddy from the Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY moderated the topic "VT Ablation: Survival Free from ICD Therapy" with Drs. William Stevenson from Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, and David Wilber from Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL.
- The discussion focused primarily on:
- (1) Treating VT using catheter mapping and ablation;
- (2) the evolution of ablation therapy to a substrate based approach;
- (3) the complications of VT ablation;
- (4) the late referral of patients;
- (5) additional improvements in catheter ablation; and
- (6) treating atients who have VT in the setting of a structurally-normal heart.
- (Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(2):130-136) ©2012 FoxP2 Media, LLC