Vivek Reddy from the Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY moderated the topic "VT Ablation: Survival Free from ICD Therapy" with Drs. William Stevenson from Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, and David Wilber from Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL.
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) Treating VT using catheter mapping and ablation;
(2) the evolution of ablation therapy to a substrate based approach;
(3) the complications of VT ablation;
(4) the late referral of patients;
(5) additional improvements in catheter ablation; and
(6) treating atients who have VT in the setting of a structurally-normal heart.