Dr. Robert Rosenson from The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY moderated the topic "What Recent Trials Have Taught Us About the Efficacy of Exetimibe" with Drs. Michael Davidson from the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada, and Robert Hegele from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
The discussion focused primarily on:
(1) Low-density lipoproteincholesterol lowering and the role of ezetimibe
(2) sitosterolemia and plant sterols
(3) the effect of ezetimibe on lipids, lipoproteins, and remnant lipoproteins
(4) clinical trials using ezetimibe
(5) recommendations regarding the use of plant sterols
(6) recommendations for ezetimibe in clinical practice.
(Med Roundtable Cardiovasc Ed. 2012;3(3):197–203) ©2012 FoxP2Media, LLC